Waiākea High School Early College
Step up to your future!
COURSES OFFERED ON WHS CAMPUS - (Students may begin summer following freshman year.)
- IS101 - Building Bridges to Self, College, and the Community. Required for Sophomores.
- This course builds the academic, technological, social, and personal skills needed to succeed in college and the work worlds, including goal setting and teamwork. Course builds a foundation for any student to succeed in the college environment .
- HWST 100 - Piko Hawai'i. Required for Sophomores.
- This course aims to develop an environmental kinship with the places and people of Hawai'i Island and embeds the idea of belonging to the landscape.
- ENG 100 - English Composition.
- Instruction and practice in writing clear, effective university-level prose. Attention to all stages of the writing process-generating ideas, drafting, revising, and editing.
- SPCOM 151. Speech Communication. (Alternates semesters with SPCO260)
- Principles, theories and practices in one-to-one, small group, and one-to many communication situations.
- SPCOM 260. Media and Society. (Alternates semesters with SPCO151)
- An introductory course that explores the history, architecture, impacts, and major theories of mass media. Hands-on learning with media production skills and vocabulary.
- HIST 151 - World History to 1500.
- A global historical survey focusing on human societies and cross-cultural interactions. Students will study historical characteristics of the cultures and customs of the world’s peoples and how this history helped shape the present world.
- MATH 100/103 - Foundations of Math or Intro to College Algebra. (Must pass Math Accuplacer to qualify)
- This course for those needing to improve prior to taking College Algebra, STATS or STEM-related courses.
- PSY100 - Survey of Psychology.
- Principles of human behavior, individual difference, motivation, emotion, perception, learning.
- SOC100 - Survey of General Sociology
- Survey of basic social relationships, social structures and processes.