Waiakea High School
Step up to your future!
COURSES OFFERED ON WHS CAMPUS - (Students may begin summer following freshman year.)
- IS 101 - Building Bridges to Self, College, and the Community. Required for Sophomores.
- This course builds the academic, technological, social, and personal skills needed to succeed in college and the work worlds, including goal setting and teamwork. Course builds a foundation for any student to succeed in the college environment .
- ICS 101 - Digital Tools for the Information World
- Provides fundamental information technology concepts and computing terminology, productivity software for problem solving, computer technology trends and impact on individuals and society. Emphasizes the utilization of operating systems and the production of professional documents, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, and web pages
- ENG 100 - English Composition (Must pass EdReady placement test or provide passing ACT/SAT Scores)
- Instruction and practice in writing clear, effective university-level prose. Attention to all stages of the writing process-generating ideas, drafting, revising, and editing.
- SP 151 - Speech Communication. (Alternates semesters with SP 260)
- Principles, theories and practices in one-to-one, small group, and one-to many communication situations.
- SP 251 - Effective Public Speaking. (Alternates semesters with SP 151)
- Analysis, preparation and delivery of speeches. Emphasis on content, organization and style..
- HIST 151 - World History to 1500
- A global historical survey focusing on human societies and cross-cultural interactions. Students will study historical characteristics of the cultures and customs of the world’s peoples and how this history helped shape the present world.
- PSY100 - Survey of Psychology
- Principles of human behavior, individual difference, motivation, emotion, perception, learning.
- SOC100 - Survey of General Sociology
- Survey of basic social relationships, social structures and processes.